Have you checked your bank account or received a notification that a withdrawal has been made from Ginger Mail?
Ginger Mail have build a business around a subscription model that automatically charges its customers from their credit card. So that leaves the question: Is there a way to get your money back Ginger Mail? It can often be extremely difficult and frustrating trying to get the money back once Ginger Mail has taken them from your account.
Why you should avoid doing a chargeback
One way to deal with such a situation is to do a chargeback, but it can have some very serious consequences that the bank typically will not tell you:
- You will need to resubscribe to all other services again that you have connected your credit card with (like phone subscription, streaming services, automatic payments etc)
- There is no guarantee that your bank will follow through on the chargeback, leaving you without refund
- Your bank might give you a lower credit rating. That could mean it would be more difficult to get a loan in the future
- Your bank might impose a fee that you will have to pay
- It can be difficuelt getting your bank to agree to make a chargeback in the first place
We will help you fight Ginger Mail to get your money back
We have helped consumers get their money back from Ginger Mail in the past. We might have a direct contact that will help process the refund of your money. We, of course, cant work for free, we charge a fee of 5 EUR for us to process the case. However, we only charge that fee if you actually manage to get your money back!
To start the process of getting your money back, simply fill in the form below and we will get the process started!