Have you like many other customers from Try The World Pantry also been charged money on your credit card that you have not authorized?
Often customers of Try The World Pantry have no knowledge that they have been signed up for a subscription that automatically renews and takes money from your credit card. So what do you do now to get your money back? Often customers find that it can be extremely difficult having their money returned to their accounts once Try The World Pantry has taken them.
Your bank might not want to do a chargeback, and neither should you
One way to deal with such a situation is to do a chargeback, but it can have some very serious consequences that the bank typically will not tell you:
- Your bank might require that you provide documentation that you dont have
- Your bank might give you a lower credit rating. That could mean it would be more difficult to get a loan in the future
- You will sometimes physically have to go to visit your local branch to sign paperwork to get the charges from Try The World Pantry revoked
- Your bank might impose a fee that you will have to pay
- It can be difficuelt getting your bank to agree to make a chargeback in the first place
Let us help you get your money back
In most cases, we typically manage to get customers their money back from Try The World Pantry within 3-4 days. We know the process and have dealt with Try The World Pantry before. If you want we can help get your money back for a fee of 5 EUR. You only pay once we actually manage to get your money back you have been charged from Try The World Pantry back into your account. That’s no cure, no pay!
If you want us to contact and speak with Try The World Pantry about your money, then just submit the form below and we will get started right away: